[AT] Pretty snowy, for southwestern Ohio

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 28 14:06:22 PST 2009

Here in NW NJ, we got about 3" of heavy wet snow and then freezing rain
on top of that. It later turned to just plain rain, so I plowed my two
mile private lane with my F350 mason dump. After the rain stopped, I
took the Ford 860 with 7' rear blade out and cleaned things up and did a
few neighbors' drives. The temperature got up to 39°, but is supposed to
go down to 22° tonight. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the water
will have drained off the hills and not turn the whole lane into a
bobsled run from one end to the other.

The 860 got an electronic ignition last year, and now I can count on it
starting easily and running really well. That, and the canvas weather
cab, makes the work actually fun, for a change.

Mike