[AT] OT: band saw tire

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Jan 27 10:09:50 PST 2009

Ken---An easy fix for this is to purchase a lager size, then estimate how
much to long it is, cut out the excess and put the squarely ends back
together with super-glue. Just remember that a little dab will do it.
Placing the cut glued ends on a piece of waxed paper will help with the
alignment.

Take material out in steps to be sure it is not to short. Remember size does
matter.  When installing the tire it needs to be stretched on to be a good
fit.

Several years ago I made an emergency drive belt repair on my wife's vacuum
cleaner, I simply cut out a small section at 45degree angle and glued the
ends back together.

My (non-Internet) neighbor lost the tire on his old band saw. > >>Apparently
it's > a 15.5" diameter driven wheel and it lost the tread or > >>rubber
part. The odd size stumped the local saw parts place... Anyone > >>know of a
source? > >> > >>Thanks > >> > >>Ken in AZ >

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA