[AT] FW: Jay Leno's Parts Machine,the end of the pattern maker

Ken Hough krhoughii at verizon.net
Fri Jan 30 15:30:47 PST 2009

Been there and have done that. My son restores
very old ( pre 1920 ) tractors. This technology is invaluable for
making nearly anything. I think that maybe this summer I'll start on
window cranks and flaps. The neat thing is the way you save a file
allows you to modify the part in a CAD program. Lets face it those
flaps are not to tough. They break. So make them heavy duty with
out giving up on original looks. If you saw the video, a printing
machine can also spit out wax in order to make a lost wax cast part.
Or it can make the mold to pour wax into. It's a reverse of the copied
part.

Opinion NEEDED..........Is the spring to hold the "flapper" closed up
needed?
Ken

You guys need to check this out. Endless possibilities for making
obsolete
parts at a reasonable cost. Best of all it's American technology. It's
not
so much a new idea just a cheaper way to arrive at the same end
point.

Rob

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=94464
1

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090130-0, 01/30/2009
Tested on: 1/30/2009 5:06:26 PM

Ken Hough Photographic Repair Service
Specializing in the Complete restoration of
           Deardorff View Cameras
                            Est 1982
     www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com
                      219 462 0281

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090130-0, 01/30/2009
Tested on: 1/30/2009 5:30:48 PM