[AT] Pretty snowy, for southwestern Ohio

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 10:14:31 PST 2009

Farmer--- I might warn you  of something that's not in that  JD's  book...
do not run it in reverse with the  differential lock   down for over a few feet
 at a time...     we found  this out  the hard way on one of ours back in
1977
     Dad cleared a road for the county (no pay -- but  people had to get out
you know) ...
seams  the inner workings builds heat  and  then it cant  release  when you
want it to.. it became like a solid axle  then...  impossible to steer and
they said  when it finally  would have broke lose it would have  busted the rear
end out.

They just told Dad to keep the  diff lock out when backing up...   save it to
go forward.

In a message dated 1/30/2009 12:09:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[AT]  Pretty snowy, for southwestern  Ohio

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)