[AT] Ford V-10

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Tue Jan 20 19:12:06 PST 2009

Don
We have a 1998 Ford E350 Econoline Van.  It has a V10 with automatic.
We just turned over 200,000 miles a month or so ago.  We have been
very pleased with the engine and van.  The only trouble we had with it
was at abut 95,000 miles we blew a spark plug out of the head.
Apparently it was a problem with these engines and preventable if
plugs are replaced once in a while.  We also had the transmission
rebuilt at 140,000 or so.  We probably should have done some PM on the
transmission to extend it's life.  Milage wasn't too good but we could
pull anything and never knew anything was behind it.  We pulled a 31'
travel trailer and out flatbead trailer with tractors and oil field
engines behind it.  I'd buy another one.
Keith
www.herculesengines.com