[Farmall] Sleeves for a Regular

Chris Klossner Klossner at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 19 21:25:56 PST 2009

  Unless the sleeves are severely pitted they can be brazed  and turned.
Some sealant and new O-rings will handle minor pitting since it is a non
pressure cooling system.  If the sealing surface on the block is damaged
it can be bored out and a new ring made and pressed in.  For minor wear
in the bore they can be honed .020" over and the piston skirts built up
and reground.
  For repairing valve guides I have found it is easier to install the
phosphor bronze guide liners.  The liners  can be resized to match worn
valve stems and are generally less expensive than replacement guides.
Guides on F-20's and Regulars are some what longer than modern engines
and require 2 liners. One driven from the top the other the bottom.  The
liners also wear better than cast iron.  Some race engines we have done
have those installed new.  Here are some pictures machining the head for
my T-35  for liners .
http://home.att.net/~klossner/t35h1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~klossner/t35h2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~klossner/t35h3.jpg

This is finishing the surfaces on the head.
http://home.att.net/~klossner/t35h4.jpg
http://home.att.net/~klossner/t35h5.jpg

Chris Klossner
 http://home.att.net/~klossner