[AT] Ford V-10

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 19:44:24 PST 2009

I am considering trading my trailer in for a class C motor home.  My current
tow vehicle is an '98 Dodge 318 with over 180,000 miles and is still going
strong.  I hope to replace the origonal clutch in the next few weeks, the
clutch is still good but the throw out bearing is howling when it gets cold
out.  The problem is not the pickup but the trailer.  I think a class C
would be easier to deal with.

So, the one I looked at today was on a Ford F450 chassis with the V-10.  It
is a 2007 model with 13,000 miles.  I know little about Fords since I had
bad luck with an '87 Taurus and I have never bought an automatic for myself.

What is the general opinion of the V-10 and its automatic?

How long will it last under that load and what sort of fuel mileage should I
expect?

Don Bowen  KI6DIU