[AT] sliglty OT--farm truck parts

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Jan 18 11:06:12 PST 2009

John Hall wrote:
> Anybody know of a good inexpensive source for  parts for a 1974 Ford F-600
> grain truck? I nee to work on the handbrake as well as some leaking wheel
> cylinders. To keep it tractor related, everything I farm with could be
> classified as an antique!
>
> John Hall

You guys need to ask for parts BEFORE we scrap the trucks! :-)
We just scrapped a 75 F 600 tanker chassis, with many new brake parts
under it!

Most of the bigger for trucks didn't use Ford rear axles. They used
Eaton or Rockwell. Same as GM and Dodge.
The rear handbrake cable levers are interchangeable.
Rear wheel cylinders are available from NAPA, Just make sure you know
the bolt size and the bore size. Those were based on the weight rating
of the truck so they were not a one sized fits all.

--
Steve Williams
Firefighter, EMT, Fire Police