[AT] Some ads from the 1/17 Lancaster Farming

Dean Van Peursem deanvp at att.net
Sat Jan 17 21:26:43 PST 2009

The correct equipment for a BW to leave the factory as a BW would include
42" rear tires, dished (offset) rear cast centers, extra long axles, extra
long "Round" rear axle housings and a wide front end with the 2" longer
front spindles. A BN from the factory would include the same equipment
except the front would be changed to a single 16" front wheel. If it wasn't
a BW or BN from the factory the rear axle housings would be square with
regular length axles. Both the 1952 BN and BW had a convertible front end so
it was quite easy to change front ends from a single front wheel "BN" to the
WFE "BW". Or even a 10" single front wheel or a regular WFE.  A serial #
search at Two Cylinder Magazine would probably yield how it was configured
when shipped. But ..... could have been changed and not recorded at the
factory, or at a branch or at a dealer or even by an owner. The BWH and BNH
designations were dropped by JD several years earlier when the convertible
front end became standard. Also a WFE with standard length spindles off of a
regular B could have been put on this tractor so it would be wise to do a
serial number search with Two cylinder Magazine AND also COMPARE THE SPINDLE
LENGTHS.   A BIT CONFUSING BUT TO COMMAND A HIGHER PRICE IT WOULD NEED TO
CARRY THE DESIGNATION "BW" FROM THE FACTORY.

However, I'd be willing to bet a reasonable amount that this is a real "BW".

Dean Van Peursem
Apache Junction, AZ

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at
once."