[Farmall] Straight Weight Non-detergent Oils

Ed Greany crest25 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 7 17:50:03 PST 2009

Well Mr. Mechanic, you made some opinionated statements but didn't back it up with any facts. Why wouldn't you use non-detergent oil? We used it for decades back in the day. I STILL run it in my 88 Samurai and have not changed the oil since 2001. (I run a Frantz bypass filter using toilet paper as the filtering media also.) Been doing that since 1960. I'd run ALL my tractors and vehicles with it if I could find it easier today.

So what's wrong with straight weight non-D oil anyway?

Ed