[AT] Ford 8n Under Dash Resistor?

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:11:25 PST 2009

Will, I know very little about 8N's but the only place I've ever seen those
resistors was in 12V systems to keep, as you said, from frying the points.
I wouldn't think it was necessary for 8V.  Most of the time when you see
them they are in the run side of a switch that has a momentary start line
and then a run line.  You get 12V to the coil and points on start and it
drops back to 6V on run.  Since yours has just a toggle power on/power off
it must have been put in there to put 8V to the starter and just 6 to the
coil/points.  Just a guess.  Someone will set us straight I'm sure.

Charlie

Charlie