[AT] Oliver 770(OT)

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jan 5 21:06:20 PST 2009

Skip:

That was really a bad , bad, bad attempt at an ancient joke.  I have 2
old dogs that I just bought new heat retaining beds for so they could
sleep comfortably in the garage.  I also run a heater on the colder
nights for them.  M oldest is over 20 and is as faithful as they come.
His cataracts are so bad he can only see shapes.  His hearing is now bad
in one ear causing him to have difficulty determining where I am when I
am calling him.  He had a bad tooth pulled about 3 weeks ago and I
suspect that this caused a loss of hearing in that side.  His hearing
and nose has overcome his lack of sight for the last 2 years...  He was
a stray that came to live with us about 19 years ago.

Even with all these problems he is still nearby wherever I go on this 80
acres.  He sticks a lot closer nowadays because he has a hard time
finding me.  I can understand what Bob is going through right now
because I will be in the same place soon..

There is no equal to the love of a stray dog..

My heart goes out to Bob.

Cecil in OKla