[AT] Oliver 770

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:10:22 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM, CEE VILL <cvee60 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Question.  Craig's List has an Oliver 770 gas offered for sale.  I am not interested in this tractor, even though it looks decent and has WFE. I noticed in the photos there are four foot pedals.  I can assume about left and right brake and clutch.  What is the purpose of the fourth pedal.  Reverser?  High low range?  Applies both wheel brakes together? Four legged tractor driver?
>>
>> Charlie in WNY
>
> After closer examination, the one on the left may not be a foot pedal.  It may just be a round shaft left of the clutch.  Pretty hard to tell for sure.
>
> Charlie

Those had a clutch and two turning brakes that sat apart a bit and
between the two was a pedal that was connected (with hinges) only to
the two turn brakes so that you could apply both brakes evenly. Not
only did it push both brakes at once but it served as an "evener"
betwen them.

"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)