[Ford-ferguson] mail

TBache9248 at aol.com TBache9248 at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 05:37:59 PST 2009

Good Morning,

Like you, haven't seen any content.  Lots of spam invasions to some of  these
and that drives people away.  Best thing is if the list is never made  public
and members only "approved".  Publish the name of the list in well  known
publications of interest such as the N-Newsletter and let people find it  that
way.  It requires a moderator of sorts.

Anyway, as for me, my TO30 has a front tire that keeps going down over 2-3
weeks and I can't figure the charging system. Ammeter shows it doesn't charge
and if you turn the headlamps on it show high discharge and they are very
dim.
Done so far: replaced the battery, rebuilt the generator (6V positive
ground) two different regulators, various attempts at polarizing the generator,  new
battery cables, new wiring loom, checked twice to be sure I don't have
something wired backward.
I presume either is has a bad ground on the light circuit or the
ignition/lamp switch is bad.  I have not seen a vendor that sells the  original style
switch with the bakelite key.
Despite this, it seems to start readily, although 2-3 time a year I do have
to charge the battery.

Friend is beginning a overhaul of his father-in-laws 8N.  Been in  family
since new.  I signed him up for subscripton of N-Newsletter  too.

Now, out to the shop to work on the Bobcat ( glow plugs not working) and
then take the trans out of the Land Rover( bad bearing).

Tom Bache
Avondale, PA
USA