[AT] internal block repair

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:47:09 PST 2009

Gee, I guess I need to go out tomorrow and look carefully at "Major"
(my 1947 CUB) to see if he might need any support in that area. I
think he is OK, I had the engine completely apart for a total rebuild
back about 1980 or so and also put in some new clutch giblets while I
had him split but the old clutch was still working fine. Major isn't
very pretty unless you like rust but he is a good solid original
tractor that has had a minimum of abuse over his 62 years. I have had
him for almost 40 of those years...
I need to do some work on him later this year when his turn comes up.
His governor is sloppy now but I think it is mostly in that shaft pin.
My "custom" PTO shift quadrant repair didn't hold as long as I hoped
and I bought a new part from a local dealer but I haven't put it in
yet. I need to rewire him too and install a new regulator but he crank
starts so easy that it just hasn't been a priority. Oh, yeah, the left
brake hasn't worked since I have owned him and the rear axle
transmission seals leak a bit on steep hills.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)