[AT] MF 65 LP tractor need hyd pump info

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Feb 28 16:36:26 PST 2009

I have 5 junk combines around here that I could cannibalize a pump from.
  However, there is no room on a MF65 LP to belt drive a pump.  It would
have to have a rear exit exhaust manifold and reroute the air cleaner
pipe to give enough clearance on the right side.  Then you would have to
fashion 2 idlers for the back side of the belt to give the pump and the
generator and the fan enough belt contact to drive...  If I could drive
a double pump or a larger pump with a flow divider from the camshaft
drive for the power steering, then I could drive the loader pump and
have some real movement in the loader.  3 gpm off the transmission pump
is just not enough to really be efficient.  I can put a front pulley
shaft drive on it, but then I have to build a guard to protect the pump
and also have to remove the pump and drive to change the fan belt,
another pain in the butt.  Continental had many types of auxillary
drives on their other engines so I thought maybe the G176 in the 65
could handle a 12 gallon pump....

Cecil in OKla