[AT] tractor shopping

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 24 22:48:30 PST 2009

Dan, can't give any recommendations on the newer tractors but if I was
buying one I would sure like to have mfwd. I've got it on my big field
tractor (CIH 7130 ) and it sure makes the most of the horsepower when the
front axle is pulling. I'd just imagine how big a help it would be in the
snow on a blade, front end loader or snowblower.
Funny thing about diesel fuel gelling problems. I hear a lot more of the
complaints coming from way down south than I ever hear up here in the frozen
north . I'm running regular summer diesel in my tractors all winter without
a problem. Just added some thinner, can't recall the name just now but it
seems to work quite well for me.