[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Feb 24 14:45:18 PST 2009

The man who leases my pasture and hayfields is set up to handle square
bales for the horse crowd.
He produces orchardgrass hay, bales in square bales and is set up to
handle the bales with machinery.  He has a bale accumulator on his baler
and a bale lift on his tractor that will handle 4 bales at a time.
He rakes then bales.  Comes back with a gooseneck trailer towed by the
tractor with the bale lift.  Picks up the bales and loads them on the
trailer then back home with the load.  Next to the customer with the
freshly baled hay which he will stack in the customer's location.
He gets a premium price for the hay delivered and stacked.
In his case it is all about quality hay and service to his customers.
Hope the horse crowd survives the current economic downturn.

David
NW NC