[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:15:50 PST 2009

Yep I've got it pretty well figured out but I try to help out enough that
they are happy to see me.  I wouldn't want to feel like I was just hanging
around in the way.

We had a bad news story on the 11 pm news this past Friday night.  It seems
that a couple from the county to the north of us went down to the county to
the S/W of us to see a man about a 15 year old Quarter horse that was for
sale for $500.  When they got there they found the horse in terrible shape
and several hundred pounds under weight.  They struck a deal with the man
for $50 and took the horse home just to try and save the horse.  The next
day the horse started throwing up blood and died.
They had pictures of the horse on TV.   It was a terrible looking animal.
The Sheriffs dept in the county where they bought the horse was called in
and started an investigation.  The preliminary report was that the guy that
sold the horse was a Lt. on the Police Dept in the town I live near.  There
haven't been any follow up reports.
The horse was burried immediately so there was no chance to find out if
there was a medical condition that might have caused the poor condition and
death.
The strange thing is that the guy was advertizing the horse as a good riding
horse for sale for $500.  Right now $500 will buy  a pretty good horse in
this area.  Or at least a healthy horse.