[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:36:43 PST 2009

Farmer if wasn't so wrong it would be funny how some of the well meaning
horse owners treat their animals.  I see horses all the time that are
covered with a sheet or blanket on a sunny, still 50 or 60 degree day
because the owner didn't bother to take it off.  They get all sweaty under
the thing and then when it falls off into the 20's at night they are both
wet and cold.  I sometimes wonder how the poor creatures got by for several
thousand years without us to look out for them.

Shylow has a bad case of  missed meal colic doesn't she?
But from your pictures she looks healthy, just too thin.  I bet she'll be a
nice one when you get her filled out.  My horse buddy just inherited to
standard breds that are retired from harness racing in FL.  One is lame, the
other is a nice horse.

The way the economy is going these old harness horses might come in handy in
the future.  I know you've heard your parents talk about Hoover Carts.  We
might get to learn about the 21century version of the same.

Charlie