[AT] OT Rödja - The blacksmiths shop fireplace

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 23 16:54:03 PST 2009

Steve -

The name on the stone is "John McNitt." b: 25 April  1749 d: 13 April 1835.
Yes, I'm familiar with the Lippitt House, and when I'm there next time, I'll
think of your Mom. Thanks for that. Ironic that when you mention
Cooperstown, nearly everyone thinks of the Baseball Hall of Fame, but only a
few know about the Farmer's Museum, the Fenimore House or even Leathstocking
Country (Last of the Mohicans). Lots of historical farming equipment on
exhibit at the Museum. Nice golf course nearby as well, and good fishing in
Otsego Lake. Something for everyone. Better stop ... I'm starting to sound
like a tourism promoter.

Bob