[AT] New 8N/Now hay, coastal bermuda

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 23 08:30:31 PST 2009

Farmer, it seems like some of the horse crowd like to feed their horses like
they feed themselves.  Steak and asparagus instead of beans and rice.  Well
the horses are much better off on beans and rice.  They need a lot of bulk
along with their protien.  I know folks out your way feed a lot of timothy
but my horse friends,  at least the old school ones, use bermuda grass hay
and oats for feed.  Then they feed just a little timothy to horses that
specifically need it.  That is partly because timothy doesn't grow well here
but really it is pretty "high octane" stuff.

I'm sure most of the horses I know would be tickled to death with your oat
hay.

Charlie