[Farmall] Another O-12 project, part 4

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Feb 21 05:12:24 PST 2009

A needle scaler is an air-powered hammer with a couple dozen little rods
sticking out to do the work. It is great for removing old paint, rust,
and other crud stuck on metal. Two limitations: they are very loud,
sending the crud flying all over, so ear and eye protection is a must.
And they use a LOT of air, so you need a fairly big tank and compressor.
They are pretty crude, so I wouldn't want to use one on thin sheet metal.

This is an image I took after removing 50 years of crud from the inside
of a Ford 2N front wheel:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1946_ford_2n/2nleft2.html>

Mike