[AT] Farm Memories

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 19:54:41 PST 2009

my grandfather  raised  tomatoes  on the island  we now  own in the  Eel
River--- the  transplanter he had was  a New  Idea  and  it was still  almost
usable  until  10yrs  ago  when some scrap thieves  cut up most of it...   It had
sat in the one spot since the late 1930's  when they stopped  buying
tomatoes around here...
we have pics of  grampa and his cousins as  kids riding the  thing..   They
did all the work themselves on the 40a they  grew.
    The saddest thing I will say was  when I read  his  Diary  of  July
1936---  the  last  entry in  the entire diary was " took  a wagon wheel to the
tomatoes  today"      I suspect that to mean they had died  in that  drought.

In a message dated 2/20/2009 12:10:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,