[Farmall] electrolysis

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Feb 18 04:28:41 PST 2009

You need to have an electrolyte in the water to help speed things along.
About 2 cups of TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) in a garbage can of water
works very well, but you can also use "washing soda". See:
<http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/rust/electrolysis.pdf>

I also disregard the warnings about not using stainless steel - I find
that regular iron or steel anodes work very poorly and have to be
replaced often. Stainless steel works much better and lasts indefinitely
(I salvage old stainless steel cooking utensils). I always wear rubber
gloves and do my de-rusting outdoors to avoid the fumes.

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/tools__equipment/derusting_tank1.html>

Mike