[AT] OT: Jeep gas tank

rdhaskell at juno.com rdhaskell at juno.com
Tue Feb 17 14:03:47 PST 2009

Hi all.  I am cross posting this to several lists so you may get it more
than once, sorry.
My son has a 1950 flat fender jeep.  The stock gas tank looked like a
screen door so he bought a plastic replacement.  The problem is the cap
won't go on tight enough to not pour gas out when it leans to the driver
side.  I am looking for a filler neck that would take the large cap like
the original, that I can graft on.  What else would have the big opening,
as looking for an original wasted tank limits it too much?  Yes we threw
the original tank away before we realized we needed it.  Thanks.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California USA
http://picasaweb.google.com/RonHaskell