[AT] tractor helper

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:49:39 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 5:00 AM, charliehill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Al, I'd be willing to bet that it is easier to work in AZ in 120 degree heat
> and 30% humidity than it is here in 97 deg heat and 85 or 90% humidity.
> What do you think?

Last summer we had something like 30+ days over 110 degrees, quite a
few in a row. Good facts about our weather:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/psr/general/history/index.php?page=100deg

About the only good part of it was that humidity was often times in
the single digits. Then we got hit with monsoon season. 110 degrees
and rainy in the afternoons. Humidity got to be a little much. The
fact that the shop has A/C might be a good indicator of something. We
also don't have much in the way of mosquitoes by comparison with
summertime in Montana. I would guess the little buggers would burst
into flames. Arizona fireflies? :)

Winter is beautiful here. Summertime causes cabin fever. We can drive
to the cooler weather (several hours drive) but the sun gets to be
pretty relentless. Concrete holds heat and overnight temps don't drop
off very much. And do NOT leave your wrenches in the sun or they WILL
hurt you. Kinda like learning not to lick cold things where your
tongue might get stuck. We have different things to adapt to here.

Ken in AZ