[AT] Subject line now changed :-)& list subjects.

yestergears at intrstar.net yestergears at intrstar.net
Thu Feb 12 18:12:27 PST 2009

Charlie Hill Wrote:
 "Think of this list
like a place of business or a library or a charity.  When there is business
to do the folks take care of business.  When there is nothing going on they
don't sit around and talk about work.  They talk about what is going on in
their lives."
<Snip>

   I look at this list like the country store we had here in Turkey when I was growing up.  It had everything in it you could want from
fresh peanuts to plow points and bolts and a nice cold Pepsi, Mt Dew, or RC and a nab or moonpie if you were a real good boy. Some even
put salted peanuts in their pepsi...  It was also the neighborhood gathering spot for the farmers. Around that old heater in the winter,
you could get advice, find out if the fish were bitin, gossip on the neighbors, and hear some of the tallest tales ever told for
entertainment.  We were all friends and neighbors who sometimes disagreed but when you were in need, these people were the first ones
there... well most of em.
  I don't post a lot here, I don't have the time, but I do read selected subjects on here when I have a minute and especially when I need
a diversion, much like my dad catching up with old friends at the country store.  I made the original post about the new computer
controlled systems.  If I was out of line, I apologize to the list,If I remember the post correctly, in was in the context that today's
machines wouldn't last like the old ones we all know and love from the past and discuss here. It was not intended to start a thread on
newer machines, or technicians, but even then I learned a few things.
  I, for one, am grateful for this forum and for the opportunity it allows all of us to get to know each other,  discuss old tractors,
old times, and all things tractor related, and even the occaisional wizzing contest if it is kept civil and I thank Spencer and those who
provide us the opportunity!!