[AT] Subject line now changed :-)

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 08:26:18 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com> wrote:
> And I, for one, cannot change message subject lines.  I use Google's
> Gmail, and when you hit "reply" it gives no subject field,
> automatically forcing use of the existing subject line (a "feature"
> which I never even noticed until just now!).  But I apologize for what
> was viewed by some as a pissing contest.  To me it was just a lively
> discussion and not TERRIBLY off-topic; at least we're still talking
> about stuff with pistons and valves and gears and things.  And it did
> start squarely with a tractor reference although it was a modern, not
> antique.
>
> SO
==============================

And it is not like we were being flooded with messages...  :-)
Not every simple difference of opinion is automatically a pissing contest.
I just like seeing messages arriving. Many of my best friends are on
this list and sadly too far away to visit in person freely. If every
message was exactly on topic we probably would not have even formed
those friendships.
Spencer long ago gave us all some very good advice which I regularly
quote to members of the dozen public list I own. He just said that if
we didn't like the topic that was being discussed that we should
introduce a topic that we want to discuss and if the group is
interested then the conversation will steer that direction.
-
Some of us mellow as we age and some of us just get rancid.   ;-)
There is a reason for the phrase "Grumpy old men".   :-)
Smile everybody, spring is coming.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)