[AT] Looking for parts for STIHL

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 16:43:42 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/9/2009 4:29:40 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
markagreer at embarqmail.com writes:

The  parts should be
available and it is not that big a job to replace the  pump.

I spent a lot of time and effort replacing the pump on a newer saw but I
don't think the pump was bad.
My saw does not have the adjustment that some Stihl's have.  It turns  out my
model is sensitive to the bar oil and I need to use Stihl bar oil.   You
might want to take the bar off and make sure there isn't any obstruction or  other
issue.  The pumps are good quality and don't very often fail  according to my
local Stihl shop.

Gary
Renton, WA