[Farmall] 1950 Farmall Cub grill color

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 08:57:51 PST 2009

Harvester did quite a lot of dip painting but I don't think they did it to
whole tractors.  Once in a while you can find a puddle of original paint in
corners of various implement parts.

This WHS picture is suggestive of a tractor coming up out of a dip tank.
But if you look at the conveyor chain, you can see that it is just starting
to go up.
http://images.wisconsinhistory.org/700003050084/0305001533-l.jpg
Here is a picture of a Cub being painted.
http://images.wisconsinhistory.org/700003050084/0305001537-l.jpg
Here is some dip painting.
http://images.wisconsinhistory.org/700003050016/0305000381-l.jpg

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net