[Farmall] 1950 Farmall Cub grill color

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 03:11:59 PST 2009

Just a point of interest: Cubs of that vintage were not spray painted -
they were dipped in a vat of red paint. Except for the tires and rear
rims, almost everything else was red. Exceptions were a few parts that
were added afterwards - electrical pieces like distributor cap, meters,
cloth seat pan, battery, head/tail light lenses, etc. If you have any
doubts about the color of an early Cub, paint it red. And, IH did not
use any primer before the paint bath. I have a picture of the process in
one of my books, so I am not making this up. :-)

Mike