[Ford-ferguson] mail

David Hoelzeman mathman at cswnet.com
Fri Feb 6 22:36:32 PST 2009

> I have wired the 'simple' wiring on my TO30 as you described.
> A #10 wire from alternator single post---->>>>> to battery side
> of sol(starter switch) on top of bell housing.

Is this the same post to which the battery cable attaches?  If so, it
seems like the ammeter is out of the charging circuit and won't show
charge or discharge.  The current from the alternator to the battery has
to pass through the ammeter for it to register.  The wire from the
alternator should go to the ammeter and the other post of the ammeter
should go to the same post on the starter switch with the battery cable.
    Found the following wiring diagram:

http://www.fergusonenthusiasts.com/restoration%20helps/wiring/TO%2030%2012V.pdf

The wire from the 'B' terminal on the regulator would be the wire from
your alternator.

David
'51 TO-20