[AT] OT a little; corn grader

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sun Feb 1 17:32:20 PST 2009

Lew Best wrote:
> Hey gang
>

> I was at the canton, TX flea market yesterday; found a neat machine.  Pix at
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/corn%20grader/01.jpg
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/corn%20grader/02.jpg
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/corn%20grader/03.jpg
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/corn%20grader/04.jpg
>

> I know it separates corn kernels by size (obviously) but am curious what the
> reason is for this?  Anyway, it followed me home to be added to my "neat
> stuff" collection.
>

> Lew Best near Waco, TX

It is used to determine the quality of the corn. You picked a sample of
the corn in question. Dumped it in the machine, then turned the crank.
It would sort out the corn and any dockage. Then they weigh the corn,
dockage and anything left over to determine how much your load of corn
is worth.

--
Steve Williams