[AJD] Unstyled B conundrum

Leigh Darilek la_darilek at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 16:56:25 PST 2009

Mike,

Hello.  My name is Bo.  I live in Texas.  We had a similar problem on a John Deere B Styled 1939.  We found no indicator or timing marks between our governor and the governor drive gear.  We researched this problem and the only reference to timing the governor to the engine was the magneto drive coupler slots are supposed to be horizontal when number one is top dead center and impulse mark is lined up when indicator on side of transmission case.

My son and I are restoring our tractor as a FFA project to show in the San Antonio and Houston Rodeos in February and March.  We have really enjoyed working on the 1939 B and hope to rebuild a John Deere H next for next years shows.

I hope this information helps some.

Sincerely,

Bo