[AT] Shhhh! Quiet==electrical

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Tue Dec 29 09:28:56 PST 2009

    Rick and others;

    Yes, I have an update. I now have full electric, even though it is a
band aid till better weather.

    It was an open leg on one side. We were reading 125 volts on the good
side and 113 on the bad side. Never thought to open the main breaker and
then check voltage, It was completely dead then. The 113 volts we were
reading was actually through a floating neutral, or whatever the term would
be. Was getting enough current to light a couple lights, but when the pump
was on, it degraded to 33 volts, too much for the neutral.

    Took the outside route with the new #4 copper wire and drilled through
over 8 inches of concrete to pass the wire through. Whew, was that some
job!!!. Better than trying to get into the crawl space though.

    Sure will be nice to take a hot shower tonight.

                                    Gene