[AT] Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Mon Dec 14 22:13:14 PST 2009

Interesting topic Farmer.  The first tractor i drove was a Ford 8N.  We had a pair of these that we used around the place.  I as 6 or 7 years old when first allowed to drive.  I found a photo of me driving one of the 8N's when I was about 8 years old.  We were picking up hay.  My Grandpa rode in the trailer and stacked the bales while my Dad picked up the bales and pitched them onto the trailer while I got to drive.   Sometime, I'm guessing about 1970 we traded the two 8N's for a Ford 600.  It seemed like a big step up for us and this was the second tractor I drove.  We still have it and use it regularly having had it remanufactured by N-Complete a few years ago.  Then in 1974 or 75 I got my first "antique" tractor, a 1937/38 John Deere G.  Not long after that we got the 1925 McCormick Deering 10-20 followed by the F-12 Farmall.  You might find it interesting that we paid $100 each for the G and 10-20 and $125 for the F-12.  Times have changed.
I've uploaded some pictures of these and some of our other tractors here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41076215@N02/sets/72157622879421803/
Keith

Keith Kinney
kkinney at herculesengines.com