[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 31 15:20:31 PST 2009

Well I didn't start really doing anything 'till the mid 80's due to my age,
but my favorite would probably be disking with the JD 2940 (our big tractor
then) especially in the fall when it was a little cool and not much dust.
Pulling a rolling cultivator in foot tall corn, hammer down in 6th gear,
laying by tall (up to the top of the hood) corn with the 230 and 300 gal.
nitrogen sprayer, and following a row mark while planting are all right up
there too. Most any field job is a favorite as long as everything was
working halfway right.

Least favorite would be anything involving the hogs--mainly using a tractor
to move sows around with the hog trailer, or taking it into the woods to
rake pinestraw for hog bedding.  Today buying round bales of wheat straw
for bedding is definately worth it, though trying to push a bale into a hog
shelter with the 424 and bale spear--through a doorway about 8" too narrow
for the bale--is right up there on the least favorite list now....

Al

Cultivating