[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 31 09:51:43 PST 2009

Probablly harrowing was my favourite job as a kid. Mainly since it was the
first job most novice tractor operators could be trusted with. No depth
control to worry about, just drive and try to keep the wheel on the line of
the last harrow pass way out there almost 20 feet away. Pulling that big 30
foot drawbar of diamond harrows seemed like huge productivity compared to
grinding along with the 12 foot cultivator or disker. Plus the old Cockshutt
50 could usually handle the harrows in 5 th gear which was really flying
compared to heavy tillage. Huge clouds of dust did not bother me in those
days and no fear of getting dirty. The harrow drawbar did suffer a slight
bend as a result of a close encounter with a poplar tree while under my
supervision though.

Ralph in Sask.