[AT] Shop lifts

John Dunlap jsdunlap at roadkill.org
Wed Dec 30 08:52:04 PST 2009

As pretty as that is...I would feel much safer under a four poster. I
worked in a shop once in a remote area of Texas and watched a guy get
stuck under a four-door Chevy because he was too stupid to use jack
stand. To quote a famous TV show, :
"let's be careful out there folks..."

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Don Bowen <don.bowen at earthlink.net> wrote:
> A lift is on my wish list but may never happen.  A friend in Kentucky
> has one that we used to replace the transmission in a Corvair van. The
> use of a 55 gallon drum under the lift made engine removal and
> replacement easy.  No more laying down to reach under the car to then
> standing up then laying down, rinse and repeat.
>
> Last spring I used another friends lift to replace the clutch in the
> pickup.  Everything was done standing up.
>
> http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/April%2009/images/lift.jpg
> http://www.braingarage.com/Dons/Travels/journal/April%2009/images/grease.jpg
>
> --
> Don Bowen           KI6DIU

"The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tails
instead of their tongues"