[AT] Shop lifts

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Wed Dec 30 07:11:51 PST 2009

Farmer, being in the auto repair business, I have 3 lifts in my shop. A
4 post drive on and 2-2 posters. Personally I'd think the 2 post would
be more useful for tractors. The arms could be put under the belly of
the tractor when it needs split. Their also useful for lifting all sorts
of things besides vehicles. I've even used them as a hoist with a chain
around them. The drive on rack is handy for not having to get down and
set the rack under the vehicle but the one your looking at has fixed
ramps and may be limited as to what you can put on it. A tricycle front
end won't work!! On mine, one ramp slides for variable width. I've had
my lawn mower on both styles. All of mine are bolted to the floor. I
think I would feel safer that way than one that can move. Just some
thoughts.  Doug T