[AT] Shhhh! Quiet==electrical

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:53:12 PST 2009

Years ago, I moved into an old house that I had rented.  Part of it was an
old slave quarters if that tells you how old it was.  I'd lived there a few
months and one night I went up into the attic for the first time.  What I
found nearly scared me to death.  It was wired with old....... I forget what
you call it..... bare wire on insulators.  It was run over the ceiling
joists and the copper wire had been hot enough to discolor and droop down
onto the ceiling insulation (what insulation there was).  I went into panic
mode.  It was about 8:30 on a Sunday night and the only thing open that sold
wiring stuff was Montgomery Wards, 10 miles away and they closed at 9.  I
got there in time, bought a box of Romex, some boxes, etc. and headed home.
I had it rewired to the point of being safe before I went to sleep that
night.

Sadly I can't work that fast or hard these days.

Charlie