[AT] Shhhh! Quiet==electrical

John Dunlap jsdunlap at roadkill.org
Tue Dec 29 07:14:05 PST 2009

That ain't nuthin', when my in-laws Got too old, that's relative of
course (hehehe) they moved out to a lake village and my wife and I
moved into their old ranch house, the house was built 35 yrs ago with
reclaimed old houses and garages, no walls are straight up and down or
an other direction for that matter, he was a telephone man with very
little AC power experience, his brother was a repair plumber, so ALL
joints are sweated, and the friends were some old telephone buddies
and kids and in-laws. We have the master FUSE panel in the same
closet, literally, as the hot water heater; wires, extensions, were
sometimes run exposed when he realized he didn't put enough wiring in
the walls, I have an outlet above the kitchen cabinets that had to be
cut out 'cause whenever we tried to plug anything into it , pop went a
fuse, another outlet on the wall where a light switch should be had
both sides of a 14-2 made down to switch and when we first flipped it
to see what it did, pop, and another cloud of smoke....ONE breaker
handles the master bedroom, (garage built in the 20's) the outside
front wall of living room, ceiling fans, (3)
and 1/2 of the kitchen....I could go on for hours but I know all you
guys work hard all day and don't have time, just thought I'd bring you
some end of the year, beginning of an adventure humor from North Texas

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM,  <Edchainsaw at aol.com> wrote:
> it must be contagious  as  my sister is running into  that   herself---
> hers was  INITIATIED by  a  Nail  driven in the wall  above a  light switch....
> its melted her  fuse box (ya it wasn't really up todate--  it was  a  'self
> wiring job' that she baught )
>

> In a message dated 12/28/2009 12:01:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> at-request at lists.antique-tractor.com writes:
>
> [AT]  Shhhh!  Quiet

"The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tails
instead of their tongues"