[AT] Merry Christmaqs & Happy New Year

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 06:40:17 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Dennis Johnson <moscowengnr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greeting to all.
>
> I hope each of you had a blessed Christmas and will have a blessed new year.. I am thankful for family and freinds.
>
> I am also thankful that I got to move my Case D from Kansas to the Houston area where I will  be able to thaw it out, and get it running. It was a challenge to load because brakes were froze up-it had been setting for a few years. We finally got it on my trialer, and made it though the snow and ice OK. I an glad that it is now near me where I can spend some time working on it. Might even be able to get it inside my toy shed.
> Plan is to get it running good, and take it to our property in Oklahoma, and then go get one of my other tractors to bring down here and fix.
>
> Dennis

Is your "D" a row crop like this one?
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3N6
Or is it a "standard" tread like this one?
http://www.neitractors.com/images/SoldImages/caseDstandardF04.JPG
Apparently the first guy didn't like his row crop D very much.
Remembering back our neighbor who farmed with two S row crops broke an
arm from steering kick-back.
I still have a "chicken roost" Case SC on my wish list.
http://www.evanstoys.com/jim/SC/IMG_1898.JPG
-
I have had a lot of kick-backs in my years of tractor driving. More as
a kid when I just didn't have the strength to stop it.
My father had bought an attachment for his 9N Ford that mounted just
under the steering wheel that would stop a kick-back somehow. It was
described to me as having little fingers that jumped out and grabbed
the shaft if it tried to spin too fast. Another kind was made that had
the device built in the center of a complete steering wheel with a big
center hub. The TO-20 didn't seem to have a kick-back problem but the
Jubilee Ford did kick-back a little easy. You didn't want to get
careless driving on rough frozen ground. It was worse with a loader.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"