[AJD] JD H Question

Jim Showers steamcar at frontiernet.net
Sun Dec 27 17:26:05 PST 2009

Thanks, that cleared up the mystery.
Jim
----- Original Message -----
From: "J.R. Hobbs" <jrhobbs2004 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [AJD] JD H Question

Jim,

The "X" is probably a casting heat or shift code. An experimental part or
casting number would read something like "HX XXXXR". In other words,
experimental parts usually had the experimental part number as a prefix to
the number,not as a suffix, or just a letter "X" somewhere on the part. A
random "X" generally does not indicate an experimental part.