[AT] Shhhh! Quiet

John Dunlap jsdunlap at roadkill.org
Sun Dec 27 11:47:59 PST 2009

Well, the snow conditions are not limited to the north this year. I
still have knee deep stuff here in N Texas, and not being in a
situation where I have to own a snow blower or plow we are home bound.
I live on a single car width dirt lane that for the most part is very
passable, but with that much snow, well we've been snowed in since
Christmas Eve about 4pm. And the kicker is, we are supposed to have
grand-kids for the last week in Dec while parents go back to work and
more snow, or "wintry mix" due in here on Tuesday, the 29th. Great
things in store though, if I can get to a main rd. We start our
Caribbean 5 day cruise on Jan 9th. for our 36th anniversary.
        Looking for anyone around Wichita Falls or Bowie area with a plow......

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> wrote:
> No blizzards here in Sask. Charlie. In fact it is the nicest day in a while
> with sunshine and a little above zero degrees. No wind either. We exercised
> the vintage Wisconsin V4 yesterday when my brother sawed up his winters
> supply of firewood. At zero degrees it fired up with only  a few (hand)
> cranks. It starts better now than when my Dad used it to power the Case
> model A combine 50 some years ago.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

"The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tails
instead of their tongues"