[AJD] JD H Question

Jim Showers steamcar at frontiernet.net
Sat Dec 26 14:58:37 PST 2009

I hope everyone had a good Christmas.  I have a question concerning my early 1941 H.  On the H161R bearing housing mounted on the left side of the main case.  This housing supports the bearing for the sliding gear shaft.  I noticed an X cast into the housing just below and to the right of the H161R.  Does anyone elses tractor have this X cast into the housing.  I haven't found any X's on other parts.  X usually indicates experimental.  The tractor serial number is 109XX .  I hope to have this tractor operable again in the next few weeks.
Thanks,
Jim Showers