[AT] no tractors in Saskatoon

Gene Waugh GWaugh at wowway.com
Wed Dec 23 19:12:57 PST 2009

I had a similar run-in with the Elgin code dept several years ago---even
made the front of the Sunday paper (not a BIG deal, but Elgin IS about
100,000, so certainly not tiny.)

I had one old David Bradley garden tractor and an old, old walk-behind
weed cutter in the front and side yards in flower garden areas.  I did
end up spending $$ on an atty--oh,how I hated to do that, but I was
TICKED.  My argument was 'yard art'---Before appearing before the judge,
my atty was in a meeting with the city PITAs.  I had given him (atty)
numerous pictures---one was me using a David Bradley at age 10 or so.
At one point, the city atty asked my guy "Well, does this guy have some
sort of sentimental attachment to these things?"  At this point my atty
showed them the old picture; I was told that the city atty's comment was
"Oh, shit."  I won.  Bureaucrats.  Nuke em!

Gene
Elgin, Illinois USA