[AT] 8N Ford

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Wed Dec 23 11:49:01 PST 2009

Too old to be "picked on".  To be picked on you have to be able to pay
attention.  Now what were we talking about?

I wouldn't compare that 9n to anything but a comparable tractor.  Of
which there probably aren't any.  My Granddad never referred to his 9n
as anything but the Ford-Ferguson.  He had all the necessary
implements.  Not all were Dearborn.  Some were Ferguson.  And they
worked just fine.  You just have to like sitting straddle that rough
little thing all day long, day in and day out, never getting to change
positions much.  Granddad also had a Farmall Regular, Case VAC,  and a
John Deere B.  He died before he got his "red belly" NAA Ford that he
really wanted to work all those implements that he had.  Henry Ford had
that marketing thing figured out and Harry Ferguson had the implement
mounting figured out.

Personally, I think the little Fergies are a better product.  Just not
as easy to find parts for. Marketing again.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA