[AT] 8N Ford

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:27:25 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Paul Waugh <pwaugh at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> The box rims are worth half of that $800.  Looks like a steal to me.
>
> Paul-46555
====================================

It looks like two box rims in the picture but sadly the left one has
been replaced with a new one with the loops. I'll just keep my eyes
open for an original. No hurry... I don't expect to be working on this
one until about February anyway. The grill is junk but those are not
too much $$$. It does have a piece of what looks like fine hammer-mill
screen screwed over the front.  I couldn't find any visible problems
with it any place just looking without it running. Clutch feels OK
with near proper free travel. Even if the clutch needs something those
are very easy to split. The brake pedals feel OK and the right one was
holding it in place on a steep hill. The PTO turns quite free out of
gear and does not turn in gear. The Sherman shifts in and out of gear
smoothly but you can tell it is going into gear at each position. I
looked the engine over pretty closely and could not find any traces of
block repair and stuff in general has not been butchered or overly
cobbled.
-
I am close to being done buying tractors now. :-)
I should explain that my little tractor buying flurry came from first
selling my little Yanmar 1500 diesel for a little profit and also from
selling some of my old farm equipment pretty well. I'm getting some
tractors bought up now while the $$$ is still around.
:-)
I can put them in the barn and tool shed then move them to the shop to
work on them later as time permits. I'm also going to buy some stuff
like a manifold for my TO-20 and a clutch driving disk for the Deere
A. I'm also going to start ordering a bunch of decal sets ahead.
Hopefully I can find some good used tires too. I'll probably hit the
Portland spring swap meet with a long list.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"